romaine lettuce (3/4 bowl, chopped)
fresh basil leaves (1/4 bowl, also chopped)
vine-ripe tomatoes (chopped into half-bite-sized pieces)
fresh mozerella cheese (also chopped into half-bite-sized pieces)
jalapeno peppers (1 or 2)
garlic cloves (about 1 head of garlic)
fresh lemon balm (finely chopped, optional)
juice from 1 lime
salt & pepper to taste
1. Peel all garlic cloves (partial-smashing is an acceptable method for peeling).
2. Decapitate and disembowel jalapeno peppers, and chop into cm^2 pieces.
3. Pan-sear garlic and jalapeno pepper pieces in a small frying pan with olive oil until soft and cooked.
4. Combine all remaining ingredients in one large salad bowl.
5. Toss in the contents of the frying pan. Add the juice from one lime.
6. Mix well. Consume.