|From Autumn Leaves|
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Here is the masquerade of detachment, desire long held as a biohazard in containment. Here is all the hurt, rage, regret, and disappointment this wisp of a body was capable of holding and experiencing, encased in a neat pellet. Here is the scene with Charles Townsend, "She weeps for the lively, vivacious girl she once was," swallow this, and make misery beautiful. Here, a volcano was muted so long its face was washed into the earth, and we are left with a cork still looming. The Devil's Tower shadows the plains, marking time like a sundial, memory without its container. Please God, make me a stone.
Current music: Blue Foundation - As I Moved On
Thursday, October 23, 2008
* 1 3/4 cup white flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tsp cinnamon
* 2 tsp chili powder (or cayenne)
* 1 cup cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup sugar (or sugar replacement – experimental run was with Simply Sweet)
* pinch of nutmeg (optional)
* 1/2 cup oil (canola)
* 1 cup maple syrup
* 1 cup soy milk or rice milk
* 1 cup coffee, warm or cold, not hot
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
* large dash, vanilla (1 Tbsp-ish)
* nontrivial dash, almond
* hazelnuts (optional)
1. Stir dry ingredients together in large bowl.
2. Stir wet ingredients in a well in the dry ingredients.
3. Mix everything together. Batter is highly liquid.
4. Bake at 350 until done, rotate every 15 min.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
The ads were getting obnoxious enough to overcome my laziness in transferring this over to my domain. So here we are. A clean slate and a tail in the door.